Car crashes can occur anywhere in the state of Texas. It can result in serious physical, mental, and emotional injuries. There are certain steps you can take to help document the seriousness of a car crash.
- Examine yourself and everyone around you. Remember your health and safety are priority.
- Call 911 or ask someone near you to call 911. Make a police report once the police officer has arrived.
- Take as many photos as you can, including the damage to your vehicle, the damage to the vehicle that hit you, and any injuries sustained because of the car crash.
- If possible, collect information from the driver of the other vehicle. At a minimum, you should document the following: the full name of the driver that caused the car crash, the contact information of the driver, the license plate number of the vehicle, and all auto insurance information from the driver of the vehicle that caused the crash.
- Collect the police report number from the police officer who is making a report of the car crash. The police officer will inform you how many days it will take to complete the police report.
- If you have any pain or injuries because of the car crash, seek medical attention immediately.
Even the most experienced driver can be stressed after a car crash but following these simple steps can help your potential legal case. Here at the Law Offices of Rodolfo “Rudy” Ruiz, PLLC, we help you begin the process of making sure your vehicle is repaired or that the insurance pays you for the value of your vehicle. Our experienced team will make sure you are not alone in this fight. Call and ask for attorney Rodolfo “Rudy” Ruiz and set up your free and personal consultation today.